Being able to transport readers to another era is a fundamental skill that every author needs in order to build a lasting fiction writing career.
But it’s a tricky subject, and one that has been hard to teach in a concise and clear manner.
In this masterclass, produced through my partner, Writing Blueprints, I’ll teach you:
- The current market opportunities for historical fiction.
- The types of historical events that lend themselves to good storytelling.
- How to avoid major pitfalls like info dumps and imbalances between fact and fiction.
- Whether you should ever take liberties with history.
- How to conduct your research and organize your drafts.
- Whether you should outline or not.
- How to create believable, engaging characters for your story.
- How to write dialogue that truly fits your time period.
- How to choose historical details that make us feel like we’re right there.
- How to write a children’s book or picture book using historical settings.
Purchase includes the 90-minute masterclass, a PDF of the slides, and a workbook to help you implement the tips.