In the current publishing climate, how comfortable are you about including characters of different ethnicities, gender orientations, races or religions?
In this masterclass, learn how to build characters with diverse backgrounds while avoiding potentially offensive stereotypes and imagery.
In this masterclass, you will learn:
- When and how to include diverse characters.
- How to research the era, events, or cultures you want to portray.
- How to notice and process the difference between you and those of differing backgrounds.
- How to ask for and get direct feedback from the members of a group you are portraying.
- How to respectfully create characters of a different race, culture, religion, or gender orientation.
- How to write characters with disabilities or other challenges, those from nontraditional families, and those from privileged or disadvantaged backgrounds.
- And More